On February 20, 2014, MAP’s President Steven Olikara joined the Co-Chairs of the Hawaii Future Caucus (HFC) to host an informational panel at the Hawaii State Capitol.
HFC Co-Chairs Representative Beth Fukumoto (R) and Councilmember Stanley Chang discussed the importance of Hawaii’s young leaders working together on post-partisan policies, alongside fellow panelists Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI), HFC advisory council member Richard Mizusawa, and moderator Representative Takashi Ohno (D).
The Hawaii Future Caucus announced its 2014 priorities of increasing government transparency and voter participation, in addition to launching an educational video series targeting Millennials that provides an introduction to local, state and federal government and explains how citizens of all ages can become involved in the public process.
To watch the full panel discussion, click here.
The nonpartisan Hawaii Future Caucus currently has 15 members among state and county elected officials:
- Representative Beth Fukumoto, Co-Chair
- Representative Takashi Ohno, Co-Chair
- Councilmember Stanley Chang, Co-Chair
- Councilmember Ikaika Anderson
- Representative Henry Aquino
- Representative Ty Cullen
- Representative Richard Fale
- Representative Linda Ichiyama
- Councilmember Greggor Ilagan
- Representative Kaniela Ing
- Representative Aaron Ling Johanson
- Councilmember Dru Mamo Kanuha
- Representative Chris Lee
- Representative Lauren Kealohilani Matsumoto
- Representative Justin Woodson