Millennial Action Project (MAP) has an immediate opening for a Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator will strategically advance the national conversation in support of Millennial leadership and political collaboration by coordinating and managing all programming efforts, both digital and event based. This includes planning and executing MAP events, organizing digital outreach and follow-up, and maintaining MAP’s database of contacts and stakeholders. The Program Coordinator will also be responsible for tracking, facilitating, and developing engagement with individuals, organizations, and other partners as MAP’s work grows.
The Program Coordinator will work closely with all members of the MAP team to further the organization’s mission, and be responsible for creatively and competently executing public and private events and initiatives. The individual in this role will serve as the primary point of contact with both vendors and co-conveners, and will implement content vision for on the ground events.
The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, know how to move individuals up a ladder of engagement, and be excited to serve as an ambassador of the organization.
ABOUT MILLENNIAL ACTION PROJECT
The Millennial Action Project has an audacious mission: make political cooperation a norm through Millennial leadership. MAP is a national, nonpartisan organization dedicated to activating millennial policy makers to cooperatively govern our country. In 2013, MAP organized the nation’s first and only caucus for young members of Congress, the “Congressional Future Caucus,” to forge pragmatic cooperation on future-oriented challenges. MAP also scaled this model into over 15 state legislatures, each with a Future Caucus consisting of young, high-potential legislators. The national Advisory Board includes Senator Olympia Snowe, Senator BIll Bradley, Governor Jon Huntsman, Jr., Governor Jennifer Granholm, and former U.S. Chief Technology Officer Aneesh Chopra. More information about MAP can be found at www.millennialaction.org.
Program Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Implement Future Caucus programming on a national and state level through coordination with State and Congressional Future Caucus Directors.
- Produce and coordinate logistics for MAP-related events and conferences, including MAP appearances at other organizations’ conferences, and serve as point of contact for any relevant vendors.
- Manage database/CRM that organizes volunteers, contacts, and external stakeholders.
- Track, facilitate, and grow online and offline engagement with individuals, organizations, and other partners.
- Direct activities of the Young Leaders Council, including the application process, event coordination, and relationship maintenance.
- Contribute content as needed to Millennial Action Project channels.
- Please note that other tasks may arise related to communications, strategic development, operations, personnel and other tasks to support the efforts of the organization.
- 1-2 years of experience with program implementation and major event production. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency with major database and CRM applications, such as NationBuilder, etc.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to function in a team setting
- Creative, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated orientation
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the representation of MAP
- Sincere commitment to MAP’s mission of working across partisan lines and an intuitive understanding of MAP’s message
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Excellent writing, proofreading, communications, and political skills
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. Some travel may be required.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits provided.
MAP is an equal opportunity employer. Reference checks are conducted on all prospective new hires.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume, along with any relevant online links to prior work, to email@example.com.