Effective January 1, 2015
Terms and Conditions
1. LICENSE GRANT. This TOU provides to You a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-sublicenseable, non-transferable license to use the Site conditioned on your continued compliance with the terms and conditions of this TOU. You may print and download materials and information from the Site solely for your personal use, provided that all hard copies contain all copyright and other applicable notices contained in such materials and information.
2. RESTRICTIONS. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You may not modify, translate, decompile, create derivative work(s) of, copy, distribute, disassemble, broadcast, transmit, publish, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels, license, sublicense, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, exploit, rent, lease, private label, grant a security interest in, or otherwise use in any manner not expressly permitted herein the Site.
3. USER OBLIGATIONS. By downloading, accessing, or using the Site in order to view any information and materials, register or enter into a transaction with or through MAP for any reason, or submit information of any kind, You represent that You are at least the legal age of majority and will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the Site, including, without limitation, when You provide information via a Site registration or submission form. In addition, You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Site. You also acknowledge and agree that use of the Internet and access to the Site is solely at your own risk. While MAP has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site, You should understand that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the Site over the Internet or other form of global communication network cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, MAP is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted to or from the Site. You must make your own determination as to such issues.
4. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Additional notices, terms, and conditions may apply to the donation of funds or payment for or participation in a program or event. You agree to abide by such other notices, terms, and conditions, as applicable. If there is a conflict between this TOU and other notices, terms, and conditions posted to the Site, MAP shall resolve any conflict in good faith in its sole discretion but the latter terms shall generally control with respect to such donation, payment, or participation.
6. POSTINGS. This Site may contain blogs, message boards, comment areas, questionnaires, chat rooms, and other interactive features and functionality where Users can share and post certain information and content. To the extent that the Site contains such communication forums (collectively, “Forums”), You agree that by using the Site You will not upload, post, display, or transmit any of the following materials on the Site’s Forums:
- anything that interferes with or disrupts the Site or the operation thereof,
- statements or material that defames, harasses, abuses, stalks, threatens, intimidates, or in any way violates the rights of others,
- unauthorized copyrighted materials or any other material that infringes on the intellectual property rights, trade secrets, or privacy of others,
- statements or material that violates other contractual or fiduciary rights, duties, or agreements,
- statements or material that encourages criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law or regulation in any jurisdiction,
- statements or material that contains vulgar, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable language or images that typically would not be considered socially or professionally responsible or appropriate in person,
- statements or material that impersonates any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including, without limitation, employees and representatives of MAP,
- statements or material that misrepresents your affiliation with any entity and/or MAP,
- anything that violates the privacy or publicity rights of any other person, including, without limitation, posting any personal identifying information of another individual,
- statements or material that are “off-topic” for a designated Forum, and
- files that contain malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network, or the Site.
7. PERMISSION TO USE POSTINGS. Forums are the resources and property of MAP and/or its licensors and You will not have any proprietary interest in any Forum. Moreover, by submitting content or information of any type (a "Posting") to a Forum or other portion of the Site or by otherwise using the Site to transmit or display a Posting, You automatically grant MAP a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, perform, and display such content or information (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate into other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content or information. You represent that You have all necessary rights to make the Posting available to MAP and a Forum, and You also acknowledge that such Postings are non-confidential for all purposes and that MAP has no control over the extent to which any idea or information may be used by any party or person once it is posted or displayed. Accordingly, notwithstanding this right and license, it is understood that by merely permitting your information, content, and materials to appear on the Site MAP has not become and is not a publisher of such information, content, and materials and is merely functioning as an intermediary to enable You to provide and display a Posting. Moreover, MAP assumes no responsibility for the deletion of or failure to store any Posting and recommends that You do not post, display, or transmit any confidential or sensitive information. All Users shall remain responsible for their own Postings.
8. NO PRE-SCREENING OF POSTINGS. MAP is not responsible for screening, policing, editing, or monitoring your or another User’s Postings and encourages all of its Users to use reasonable discretion and caution in evaluating or reviewing any Posting. Moreover, and except as provided below with respect to MAP’s right and ability to delete or remove a Posting (or any part thereof), MAP does not endorse, oppose, or edit any opinion or information provided by You or another User and does not make any representation with respect to, nor does it endorse the accuracy, acceptability, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other material displayed, uploaded, or distributed by You or any other User. Nevertheless, MAP reserves the right to monitor, delete, or take other action with respect to Postings (or parts thereof) that MAP believes in good faith violate this TOU and/or are, or are potentially, unlawful or harmful to MAP or its affiliates, members, volunteers, services, programs, or goodwill. If You violate this TOU, MAP may, in its sole discretion, delete the unacceptable content from your Posting, remove or delete the Posting in its entirety, issue You a warning regarding your use of the Site, and/or terminate your use of the Site.
10. LINKS TO OTHER SITES. MAP may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites on the World Wide Web for your convenience in locating or accessing related information, products, and/or services. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by MAP and are maintained by third parties over which MAP exercises no control. Accordingly, MAP expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the materials, the accuracy of the information, and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party Web sites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or any Web site or the products or services provided by any third party.
11. DISCLAIMER. This site is made on an "as-is" and "as-available" basis and may include errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies. MAP makes no representations or warranties about the suitability, completeness, timeliness, reliability, legality, or accuracy of the site for any purpose, and expressly disclaims (to the fullest extent of the law) all warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement or any other implied warranty under the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act as enacted by any state. MAP also makes no representation or warranty that this site will operate error free or in an uninterrupted fashion or that any message, file, and/or information will be stored, archived, or downloaded from the site in a manner free of viruses or contamination or other destructive features.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall MAP be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this Site, whether based in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, and even if MAP has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In addition, total liability of MAP for any reason whatsoever related to use of this site shall not exceed the total amount paid by you to MAP in connection with the subject matter of the particular dispute or $2,500 (USD), whichever is less.
13. GOVERNING LAW. This TOU has been made in and will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in the District of Columbia.
14. INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. You acknowledge that any breach, threatened or actual, of this TOU, including, without limitation, with respect to unauthorized use of MAP proprietary assets, will cause irreparable injury to MAP, such injury would not be quantifiable in monetary damages, and MAP would not have an adequate remedy at law. You therefore agree that MAP shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of your obligations under any provision of this TOU. Accordingly, You hereby waive any requirement that MAP post any bond or other security in the event any injunctive or equitable relief is sought by or awarded to MAP to enforce any provision of this TOU.
15. TERM AND TERMINATION. This TOU will take effect the moment You click “ACCEPT”, register, respond to a request for information, and/or begin downloading, accessing, or using the Site, whichever is earliest. MAP reserves the right at any time and on reasonable grounds, which shall include, without limitation, any reasonable belief of fraudulent or unlawful activity or actions or omissions that violate any term or condition of this Agreement, to deny You access to the Site or to any portion thereof in order to protect its name and goodwill, its business, and/or other Users, and this TOU will also terminate automatically if You fail to comply with its terms and conditions, subject to the survival rights of certain provisions identified below. Termination will be effective without notice and may impact your membership status with MAP. You may also terminate this TOU at any time by ceasing to use the Site, but all applicable provisions of this TOU will survive termination, as identified below, and each re-access or use of the Site will reapply this TOU (then in effect) to You. Upon termination, You must destroy all copies of any aspect of the Site in your possession. The provisions concerning MAP proprietary rights, disclaimers of warranty and liability, waiver and severability, entire agreement, and governing law will survive the termination of this TOU for any reason.
16. WAIVER & SEVERABILITY. Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of this TOU will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by MAP of any right under this TOU will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time. If any part of this TOU is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and the liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this TOU shall continue in effect.