Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Washington, DC
ABOUT THE POSITION
Millennial Action Project (MAP) has an immediate opening for a Communications Manager. This individual will plan and implement communications strategies, oversee press outreach, draft and edit company texts and communications materials, and manage MAP branded digital communication channels. The Communications Manager will play a lead role in developing the external voice and message of MAP and its representatives. He or she must be a strong writer and savvy media professional.
ABOUT MILLENNIAL ACTION PROJECT
The Millennial Action Project has an audacious mission: make political cooperation a norm through Millennial leadership. MAP is a national, nonpartisan organization dedicated to activating millennial policy makers to cooperatively govern our country. In 2013, MAP organized the nation’s first and only caucus for young members of Congress, the “Congressional Future Caucus,” to forge pragmatic cooperation on future-oriented challenges. MAP also scaled this model into nearly 20 state legislatures, each with a Future Caucus consisting of young, high-potential legislators. The national Advisory Board includes Senator Olympia Snowe, Senator BIll Bradley, Governor Jon Huntsman, Jr., Governor Jennifer Granholm, and Congressman Chris Gibson. More information about MAP can be found at www.millennialaction.org.
- Develop and carry out integrated communications plans to represent MAP’s mission and activities to stakeholders, interested parties, and the public.
- Plan and execute a digital strategy on channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Medium.
- Manage relationship and coordinate directly with MAP’s external PR firm.
- Build and maintain relationships with media contacts
- Monitor the news cycle and identify opportunities for rapid response.
- Draft written communications materials on behalf of MAP and its leadership, such as media advisories, press releases and statements, op-eds, emails, blog posts, and social media posts.
- Report and analyze metrics to determine success and impact of communications.
- Update website with recent press hits or other content.
- Perform other duties related to a successful communications program as needed.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with strong editing capability
- In-depth familiarity with communications best practices
- Knowledge of current events and issues related to MAP’s work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated attitude
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite or graphic design experience a plus
- Sincere commitment to MAP’s mission of working across party lines
- Bachelor’s degree
Location: This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. Some travel may be required.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Highly competitive benefits provided, including commuter benefits, 401k program, open vacation policy, and comprehensive health benefits. Fun company culture and weekly breakfasts and lunches provided!
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Application deadline of June 30, 2018.
MAP is an equal opportunity employer. Reference checks are conducted on all prospective new hires.