Position: Development Manager
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: President
Location: Washington, DC
Millennial Action Project (MAP) has an immediate opening for the newly created position of Development Manager. Our new Development Manager should have an entrepreneurial spirit and will be a critical team member who will move the organization into larger-scale fundraising efforts, leveraging experience cultivating substantial gifts from foundations, corporate partners, and individuals. This person will also implement streamlined systems of donor tracking and donor projections.
The Development Manager will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the fundraising strategy for MAP. This includes ongoing donor cultivation and stewardship, grant proposals and administration, and special events. The ideal candidate will be adept at developing personal relationships with funders and using storytelling strategies to demonstrate impact. They will be able to build a national network with major donors aligned with MAP’s mission and be comfortable driving major initiatives to reach aggressive fundraising goals.
The Millennial Action Project has an audacious mission: make political cooperation a norm through Millennial leadership. MAP is a national, nonpartisan organization dedicated to activating Millennial policymakers to cooperatively govern our country. In 2013, MAP organized the nation’s first and only caucus for young members of Congress, the “Congressional Future Caucus,” to forge pragmatic cooperation on future-oriented challenges. MAP also scaled this model into more than 20 state legislatures, each with a Future Caucus consisting of young, high-potential legislators. The national Advisory Board includes Senator Olympia Snowe, Senator Bill Bradley, Governor Jon Huntsman, Jr., Governor Jennifer Granholm, and Congressman Chris Gibson. More information about MAP can be found at www.millennialaction.org.
about the position
Our new Development Manager will work with the President / CEO and other members of the staff to:
- Establish and implement a more systematic and rigorous approach to donor tracking and cultivation;
- Support the President in cultivating major institutional, corporate, and individual donors, building out programs and processes to most effectively engage each;
- Create and execute an annual fundraising plan;
- Develop fundraising materials, presentations and other collateral;
- Draft fundraising proposals and fulfill reporting requirements;
- Work with Program Coordinator to plan and execute fundraising events across the country; and
- Perform other duties and research as assigned.
- Familiarity with non-profit fundraising
- Exceptional written and verbal communications and research skills, with strong editing capacity
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated attitude
- Familiarity with database tracking tools such as NGPVAN/EveryAction preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant development experience
- Sincere commitment to MAP’s mission of working across party lines
- Bachelor’s degree
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. Some travel may be required.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Highly competitive benefits provided, including commuter benefits, 401k program, open vacation policy, and comprehensive health benefits. Fun company culture and weekly breakfasts and lunches provided!
how to apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline of March 25th, 2018.
MAP is an equal opportunity employer. Reference checks are conducted on all prospective new hires.