On December 16th, 2015, the New Republic and Defend Our Future hosted The Next Frontier of Climate Change: Beyond Paris at the Newseum in Washington, D.C. The program, featured Brian Deese from the White House, who addressed the successes of COP21 and examined what the next steps should be.
The event was an opportunity to meet and engage with a cross-section of climate change thinkers and leaders from government, industry, academia and the non-profit sector. Through an interactive series of panels and interviews featuring speakers from the U.S. and abroad, the program shed light on the U.N. Climate Change Conference in Paris, and discussed what must come next.
The panel featured many distinguished guests, including:
- Brian Deese, Senior Policy Advisor to President Obama
- Vicki Arroyo, Executive Director, Georgetown Climate Center at Georgetown Law
- Alden Meyer, Director of Strategy and Policy, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Steven Olikara, Co-Founder and President, Millenial Action Project
- Jacqui Patterson, Director, NAACP Environmental and Climate Justice Program
- Andy MacCracken, Executive Director and Co-Founder, National Campus Leadership Council
An excerpt of MAP President, Steven Olikara, discussing how Millennials are leading the climate change movement:
To watch the full panel click here.