On Saturday, March 12, MAP's President and Co-Founder Steven Olikara spoke at The Emerging Millennial Consensus on Tech Policy panel at SXSW in Austin, Texas. The panelists discussed the ways in which millennial legislators and influencers are bringing innovative ideas to technology policy debates.
From crowdfunding to the sharing economy, open data to the open internet, millennial legislators and innovation advocates across the country are disrupting the partisan divide on the emerging issues of the new economy. As early adopters of these technologies, millennials have pioneered a "post-partisan" governing environment that embraces innovation. Hear from millennial policy makers and influencers on how they are bringing fresh ideas to the policy debates on technology and creating some unlikely alliances along the way.
The panel featured many distinguished guests, including:
- Steven Olikara, Co-Founder and President, Millennial Action Project
- Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (AZ-09)
- Evangeline Christine, Director of Product Management, Terra Eclipse
- Luis Viguria, CEO, Young Americas Business Trust, Organization of American States
- Travis Moore, Founder, Tech Congress